I did this a long time ago and I had a hard time looking for information online on what bulbs you need for the conversion for 98-02 Honda Accord so I decided to take some pictures and label each bulb in the cluster. I’m also going to show you how to take the gauge off when replacing the bulbs.
Car used: 2001 Honda Accord Coupe V6
1. Remove the two screws on the top of the panel and remove the panel by pulling it out. It’s just attached by tabs.
2. Remove four screws. Two are located on the top and two on the bottom of the cluster.
3. Pull it from the top so you can have cluster facing down to get to the connectors.
4. Remove the three green connectors and pull out the cluster.
Here’s the diagram for the bulbs:
Blue – T5 Wedge
Red – T10 Wedge
Yellow – T3 Neo Wedge
**I did not change Airbag, SRS, TCS, Oil, Check Engine , Park and Neutral bulbs. I believe they have a yellow/red film in there.
There are two more T5 Wedge on the top of the gauge for spotlight.
5. The bulb sockets are twist type so just twist and pull to remove those. Pull the bulb out (if they are removable, most of them are) and replace. LED lights have polarity so if it does not light the first time, try reversing the installation of the socket/bulb.
**For T3 Neowedge LEDs you can use a small screwdriver to twist it.
6. Just put it all back and don’t forget the connectors and you’re done!
These are pictures of my conversions.
White LED without the odometer light
Blue LED conversion without spotlights
Video on How to Remove Cluster
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write below. If you like my contents, don’t forget to subscribe!